This winter Belize took her first dance class. It was a hip hop class through the city that she took with her friend, Lucah Jager. Remember this story(you have to scroll down to the second story).
Well, in follow up with the whole sweater incident- the next time she went to class the teacher invited the parents in to watch before their performance the next day. Belize was not staying in her spot, she wasn't paying attention and Miss Vanya had to ask her multiple times to listen. Finally Miss Vanya called Belize over (mind you, the whole class and parents are watching) and told her that if Belize couldn't listen then she would have to sit with the parents and not dance. Belize said okay, and then firmly planted herself in her spot, arms behind her back, serious expression - and stayed that way the ENTIRE dance. I thought surely the music & peer pressure would move her but no! Her feeling had been hurt and she would not be swayed. At the end of the routine Miss Vanya came over (realizing that Belize was upset) gave her a hug and after that Belize was perfectly fine, danced the whole routine the next round of music. I have a picture (unfortunately I'm having a difficult time transferring it from my phone). It was pretty much awesome. And although I'm all for listening to your teacher and consequences, I'm really proud of my girl for recognizing her emotions and standing up for herself in a quiet yet impacting way. I love her and her strong will!



6 comments:
You know how some people have it and some don't? Oh man, Belize totally has it! I can't believe she memorized all that routine too!
She can really shimmy-shake those hips! So cute!
I think you forgot how to spell "wear" Shauna Orton. ;)
I swear that has NEVER happened before! :)
In Belize's defense, Miss Vanya was little harsh on the lil' girl :)
So CUTE!! I'm so sad that WE never took a hip hop class together. We just should have done it!
Post a Comment