It had been a long day (typical), Bro was post call and I needed some kind of goal to get me to the end of the afternoon (then on to my next goal of bedtime), so I packed a picnic and as soon as the clock hit 5:00 (which is when Brannon selected could be the earliest we wake him up) the kids bounced him awake and we hurried off to the car before it could get dark.
Somehow ALL day I had failed to notice that it was raining. Not raining- POURING!
So we did what all people do when they get rained out of a picnic, we put a blanket in the back of the car, put on Shakira and ate our picnic- I think it was the best picnic I've ever attended (up there with Brannon and I's 5 month anniversary of dating when we had chinese in Lincoln park and a ghetto suburban drove through the meadow). Sometimes it just takes stuffing yourselves in the trunk of your car to get you to enjoy your own family.
Then we got out of the car and got soaking wet splashing in puddles and going down wet slides at the Rocketship park.
Also last week Belize had dance class. We got there and she had a complete meltdown (maybe you THINK you've seen Belize meltdown but I assure you, you haven't witnessed a complete one). I will save you from the details but 20 minutes later I wrangled the kids into the car and we drove home. Finally, I asked, "Why didn't you want to go to dance, Belize?" She replied, "I didn't want to see my teacher in that sweater. It wasn't pretty. I don't want her to wear it next time." I offered up a lame, "Maybe she's just cold." (PLEASE PLEASE dance teacher don't wear that sweater, I can't do a repeat!!!)
Yesterday, I decided I was a brave mom and amidst a very emotional morning (Belize cause she just is that way lately and Rio because he HATES when I get ready for things), I gathered my courage and took the kids to Disneyland . . . by MYSELF!!
Funny thing was, it was great! I still think it was a freak accident that both of my kids were happy the whole time but it was fun to spend that time with them and MAYBE I'll do it again . . . sometime. Just in case you were wondering, as soon as we pulled into our parking spot at home, the kids picked up right where they left off on their emotional rollercoaster (we've GOT to stop going on that ride!!)
And just so I have some kind of pictures with this post, these are from the last time we went to Disneyland (with Brannon).



5 comments:
I think it's so funny she didn't like her teacher's sweater! Kids csan have such strong opinions sometimes! And how nice you guys can go to Disney Land any time you want!
haha i love belizes face with the wicked witch.
i LOVE that you had a shakira picnic in your car!!
The picnic in the back of the car sounds like fun! Sometimes those rainy days make the best memories. I'll have to remember that next time I look outside my window and see that it's raining, AGAIN! Sorry about Belize's temper tantrum. I can't believe it was all over the teacher's sweater! Kids are so random sometimes! As for going to Disney World by yourself, you are one brave woman! I'm glad it turned out to be a success. :-)
Haha you are so funny, love the picnic! I'm still jealous that you can go to Disneyland anytime you want!
Post a Comment