Saturday, April 14, 2012

Getting down to Business (trip)

 Dad had his first business trip to LA in 3 years!  Whoot!  We met up with him at his hotel in Huntington beach- the kids were super stoked to see him but were a little confused, as they kept asking where Nana was.
 The Hyatt had some really cool, kid appropriate pools and waterslides (oh, except when Rio pulled a fast one and went down the biggest slide while Grandpa was waiting at the little slide to catch him).  Thank you lifeguard for pulling him out- what was he thinking?
 Mayan took a liking to Grandpa (rare these days- the likings), and was content to splash him in the face as long as he was holding her.
 Love my Dad!
 That's some fashionable posing right there, Belize.

 I was going to save this pic for a post on some of Rio's awesomeness but I just couldn't wait.  Isn't he awesome?  I call it the Froggy.
 Grandpa got to stay for Easter morning.  Dad, why couldn't I get your beautiful blue eyes?  Thanks MOM. Just kidding Mom, your eyes are real purdy.
 The Ortons sent some new V-tech books for the kids, which were a huge hit!  I'm pretty sure Rio is saying something like, "Belite, you got a long tun and now I get a tun!"
 Love this picture!

 Getting Easter ready with 3 kids was a challenge. Injuries, meltdowns, and chocolate on dress-shirt ensued.  To top it all off, when we finally got to church and were ready to have our picture taken, the camera took one for the team in hand-off (if you were keeping track, that's 4 cameras in 3 years).  And we never did get that Easter perfect picture (I remember the ones from my childhood so well, kid gloves and hat included).  Also,2 days later our blender broke, again, except this time it really died.
Oh well, here are Belize's curls (which she ASKED for!) as a Easter consolation prize.

2 comments:

Richelle said...

i got me some beautiful blue eyes from dad. :P

Maxmomma said...

OH! I am SO SORRY to hear about the camera!!!! I can tell you looked dang gorgeous though! Love that skirt/shirt combo! Sweet Mayan looks darling in your dad's arms and I am lovin' that color pink on Belize. Beatiful, beautiful family! And the froggy!!!! Are there words for such awesomeness?