Friday, September 17, 2010

Pioneer Woman. Oops, I mean, City Mom or something like that.

Aside from "Shauna's Chocolate Frosting" (which is heavenly by the way) this is my second recipe EVER!!! Oh yeah and that one time I made apple cookies and wrote down the recipe, I think I still have it but if I ever find it, I will throw it in the trash cause those cookies were plain yucky. Oh yeah, and this recipe I got from someone else and then tweaked it so I'm not even sure that it counts for my recipe.


Without further a due I present (drum roll):

Shauna's Bread Pudding (I know, it's original, get over it).

8 slices of cinnamon bread, cubed (I used Cinnabon cinnamon bread but you could also use raisin bread)
1/4 c. melted butter
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 c. warm milk (yes, it needs to be warm)
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar (I'm not P.C. here)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. chopped nuts (I used walnuts but pecans would be good too)
Some caramel sauce (not sure how much I used but I suppose it would be up to the person how much they LIKED caramel)

Preheat oven to 350. Place bread cubes in a well greased 8 by 8 glass square dish. In a bowl, mix sugars, melted butter, well beaten eggs and milks. Beat until smooth. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour over cubes and mix lightly. Sprinkle nuts on top and then drizzle caramel sauce on the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes, making sure your top does not burn.

Warning: This is good. Real good. I may or may not have eaten this for dinner, breakfast, lunch then dinner again. If you are my friend you will try this recipe and then tell me how much you utterly adore me.

Sorry there is no mouth-watering picture, we are out yet ANOTHER camera. I'm mulling over that story for a future blog in my head.

5 comments:

Becca said...

I'll try it! I LOVE new recipes!

Krysten said...

yum! I'll try it for sure.

Mj said...

Eeek, another lost camera?! As for a good recipe, yummy! Always looking for new things to try.

carmen said...

I would definitely try your recipe, Shauna, except for my low carb diet. When I see something sweet right now, I basically swallow it because I am not allowed to eat sweets at this point of my diet. So I try not to keep sweets around me. But I will keep the recipe so that I can try it as soon as I am able to go back to some of my eating habits. Give a big hug to the best looking grandchildren ever from their buela!

Erica said...

sounds delish! gonna have to give it a try :)