Brannon had a day off so we gathered the troops and headed to Leo Cabrillo State Park. We started off the journey with sour Skittles (Belize's choice, I'm guessing because the bag was pink).

We began with a small hike up a foggy valley.

The kids got a little dirty.

So we hiked back down to the ocean to clean our feet and explore the beach.

It was a cold and windy day so naturally Belize insisted she wear her swimsuit.

Trying to attempt a picture with both of the kids- WHY? WHY? Can they never be facing me for a picture? I try to gain vantage point and they scatter like cute little mice. I like mice, I can't help it, they are just adorable. Everytime we go to the pet store, I point out the tiny mice in cages that we could have as a pet and Brannon always tells the same story of how he and his Dad scared some mice out of the garage and onto the driveway and then killed them with soccer cleats. Poor mice.

This is where it gets interesting. Belize, Rio and Brannon head off to explore the OTHER side of the rocks.

They wait until the tide recedes and run around the protruding boulders.

Oh no! The water caught them!

Hey, this might be kindof fun.

Even hilarious.

I swear, this gets interesting, just skip to the end now if you are bored.


Rio gets tired, crashes and burns. He is no longer happy and cries the remainder of the beach.

Like how my shirt is a little nautical (my mom's favorite word)? In case you were wondering, I planned it. Not like, I went to the store and thought, "Where would I ever wear this darling shirt? Oh yeah, i remember Kelci telling me about Leo Cabrillo State park and how it was on the beach, and that would be the perfect place to wear it. I totally HAVE to buy it now." It was more like, "When we go to Leo Cabrillo, I am definitely going to wear that darling shirt I just bought cause it would look so cute in pictures by the ocean." By all means, the reasoning was just as bad and now I am ashamed that I put so much thought into an outfit and I promise I will never do it again. No, that's a lie, I probably will. Why am I so silly sometimes?

But doesn't the it look so darling next to the sand and my crying kid?

Finally! What I came for, a family picture! (It's been over a year since our last one and we are due (still love the last ones though- thanks Kailey (p.s. I can't find my CD!)).


Could this girl get any cuter?

"Mom! The way you are trying to cheer me up is disgusting me! How dare you!"

I love my kids. I just love 'em.

Now we get to the last segment and by far the most interesting part of our trip. I was stewing about how to make this story worthy of its hilarity but I just can't so I will just get to the point:
Brannon went around yet another treacherous boulder to "see what he could see" (do you know what fairy tale that is?) while I entertained the kids. He got curiouser and curiouser (do you know what movie that is?) He stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum. No, no, what really happened? Oh yeah, he saw a light coming through a hole in a cave. He thought, "I can squeeze through that hole and see what is on the other side." But in reality he was too big for the hole. He got stuck and while scraping sand off the sides in order to become unstuck, a wave filled up the cave with water soaking said stuck-Brannon and ruined his phone and the camera *. Plus, his clothes were sopping wet and he had to drive home naked. The end.

P.S. We aren't due for an upgrade on a phone til October so my mom sent him the HOT PINK phone my sister wasn't using. Karma- its so entertaining, I just like to sit back and watch it happen.
* We did manage to save the SD card, hence the picture proof of our trip.
4 comments:
we need photographic proof of brannon's new pink phone!!
I cannot believe your luck with cameras! It was a funny story though, and you did such a great job telling it!
Belize's comment:"These are horrible!" had me giggling. Rio's expression after the sour skittles was priceless. Your story about planning your outfit made me laugh--and it sounded a little familiar. But while reading about Brannon getting stuck and another lost camera...that took the cake! Great post! Miss you guys.
I loved this post. Good stuff. But i haven't watched the videos yet because it's late and everyone is asleep but me. I'll save that for tomorrow when Mari and Naya can enjoy them with me :)
Post a Comment