Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Double Trouble


I helped prepare a baby shower the other day and was talking to Belize about it. She asked, "Is that where they (the babies) shower with their mommies?"


Belize got off the emotional roller coaster for a while but has now stepped back on the ride, refusing to get off. All day it goes FROM: "Mommy, I love you forever." Giving sweet kisses and cuddling TO: "Nobody likes me." Crying forEVER on the floor of her room when she doesn't want to do something. It's more than a little exhausting, however I do enjoy the highs and hope that the affectionate part will permanently stick with her.

Belize started preschool again this year. She loves it. When I ask her what she did, she coyly answers, "It's a secret." She thinks she's so cool now that she goes to school and tells Rio so all the time. When we drop her off, Rio cries, "Come too! Come too!" It's so sad.

Rio can count to nine, skipping the five of course. And the way he says, "Seben" just kills me!

"No!" is still Rio's favorite word, followed by "Come too!", "UpDown","Yup" and "I do it." He's started putting four words together.

He refuses to kiss me except when he says goodbye after I drop him off in nursery. SOMEtimes, he'll give me a hug after a nap. I'm hoping that eventually when he does get another sibling he'll get super jeal and love me to pieces again. He sleeps in a toddler bed, doesn't drink from a bottle and now no kisses!?!?!?!?! I guess this means I need to exit denial soon and admit that he's not my baby anymore . . . . NO!!! NEVER!!!!!!

Today both the kids wouldn't stop whining/crying so I did what every normal parent would do - I locked myself in my room to stop myself from strangling them. I hope they know how lucky they are to be alive especially after the pounding on the door ensued. I mean, can't I just get some privacy? (If you don't already know, Belize's favorite thing to do is to keep you company when you are on the pot- it's weird, I know. Thanks a lot Brannon!).

1 comment:

Fenton Family said...

This post made my day. I LOVE this. So real...and we wouldn't trade it for the world!