Monday, February 22, 2010

Brannon and Belize's snow hike by Brannon

Well, California finally got a snow storm worth following to the mountains. We got a lot of rain where we lived but you had to get to about 6000ft for it to be snow. We did the San Antonio Falls hike at Mt Baldy.
I brought a lot of stuff just in case Belize decided that she could actually make the hike. We were prepared to stay for 4-5 hours. We, of course, only made it a fraction of that time.
We were only gone about 45 minutes, when we got back to the car it had a couple of inches of snow on it. I was in heaven.
Belize was not very interested in the hike but she was adamant about building a snowman.
The snow was up to my knees so Belize had a very difficult time getting around.


This was one of the best days we have had since coming to California. I had an excuse to hike in the snow and see what the Pilot could do up some steep snow hills. I took it into about 14 inches of snow, it did pretty well. One day when I have a real job I will get a dedicated set of snow tires for it.

2 comments:

Monica Hill said...

Snow?!? I thought you lived in california. Your children are adorable!

Mj said...

Ah cute, you guys have the best of both worlds, snow and the beach!