Monday, February 22, 2010

Wedding snippets

Two weeks before the wedding the kids (sick) and I (sick) headed up to Seattle to prepare for Aunt Richelle and Uncle Darren's wedding. The plane ride was glorious, let me tell you which ended in exhaustion for all parties involved, including the poor lady next to us (luckily she only spoke spanish so even if she'd wanted to, I couldn't listen to her complain).
Feeling a little nostalgic we dug out my mom's wedding dress. MAN oh MAN is it teeny tiny!! To give you an example of how SMALL she was (still is), I tried on an old skirt of hers as well and the waist barely fit around my thigh, and I'm no big lady. My mom made this wedding dress in a few weeks for her wedding. It is beautiful, in fact with a few small alterations, I would consider it for my next marriage- oh wait, well lets just be honest for the sake of family journaling, I like my current husband and technically I could not zip the back up ( and that's an understatement).

I believe my mom uttered the words, "Never again." Several times during set up. It took 7 hours, which was actually less than we thought it would.
2 moms. 4 hands on hips (which have given birth to a total of 6 children). A basket of white and peach pom poms. A ladder. And a staple gun on the table. Love is a battlefield.
Making bridesmaids bouquets.
Grandma Gregg looking so adorable in her new blue dress and wide brimmed hat.
The giddy newly married couple (they have NO idea what they just embarked on).
It wouldn't have been a true Seattle wedding if it had not rained. Personally, I think the umbrella is so cute!

Belize managed to squeeze in almost every picture. Check out that cheese!

Belize said, "Someday I want a sparkly dress just like that!"

and "Mom, someday can I marry you in the temple?" "Honey, I'm already married to Dad." "Can I marry him too?"
After last reception's fiasco, we posted someone to guard the cake at all times. This must have been during his bathroom break. As soon as the music started, there was no stopping Belize. If you needed her, look no further than the dance floor where she planted herself for 2 hours.
Dancing with her new Uncle. Come to think of it, this is my first brother-in-law. I like him. I think we'll keep him.

2 comments:

Mj said...

Your sister looks beautiful! Weddings are so much fun! I loved Belize's comment about asking if she could marry you and Brannon, so sweet!

I can't believe your mom made her wedding dress, it's gorgeous! Yes she is one tiny woman, if you can't fit into her dress, then she was super super skinny!

Mama Wisch said...

I LOVE your hair. And those kids of yours...I will say this over and over again..they need to be models. They are perfection.