Thursday, October 29, 2009

Morning conversation


Belize's dog flashlight is broken and today when she jumped off her chair she landed on the head part, hurting her foot. She then found me and well, this is what transpired:

B: Mom, can Dad fix my dog tomorrow?

M: I can fix it!

B: Mom, you're not a very good fixer.

M: I could try.

B: You're not a doctor, you know.

M: Really?

B: Well, I hope you don't trip and fall on the shopping cart and bonk your head!

I guess if I tripped and bonked my head on the shopping card, Dad could fix me tomorrow night.
Lesson learned: Don't bring 1 & 3 year olds to weddings, its just not right. Albert, one of Brannon's co-ortho residents got married this summer in Hawaii and finally got to have his reception here. For the record he did invite the kids so we were naively excited to get out of the house and go to a dinner at a restaurant. It was late and this is a picture of Belize after she put her FINGER IN THEIR WEDDING CAKE!!!!!!! - nuff said. period. (Sorry Albert! - No, we didn't tell them, hopefully he and Marie went blind from having their picture taken and didn't see the huge finger swipe in the very front of the cake when together they symbolically partook of their first joint venture- we didn't wait to find out and promptly fled the premises.) My marital advice to the happy couple - "Children can make a mess of joint ventures."


4 comments:

Thoma Lee & Ron Olsen said...

funny funny funny story! It's always funnier when it's someone else's kid! love you~~

Erka said...

Ha ha ha! That was a funny story! I mean, in an embarrasing sort of way! Even if they did find out Belize did it, I am sure they would have thought it was funny too!

The Knight Family said...

Great stories Shauna! I get the "but your not a doctor mom" a lot too. Funny how they pick up on that real fast!

Mindy Hales said...

Simply hilarious!! Remember that wedding cake I made a couple months ago?? I totally (accidentally) stuck my finger in it. Fortunately since I was the decorator I just turned that tier to the back and told the groom to cut that piece with his wife for good luck. I also told him it was my signature to stick my thumb in each cake I make. We laughed about it, but I think he thought I was serious...