Monday, November 16, 2009

Things

This no camera thing is really not motivating me to update the blog (I have to get new batteries for yours, Richelle). So here are the things I've been meaning to get written down:


-Belize has entered the "Why?" phase of her life. I knew it had to be coming but when it didn't, I think I sort of wrote it off thinking maybe she would just skip that page in her life. But NO! Now it is full blown and driving Bro and I crazy. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's curious- she always has been but usually she asks questions she can figure out on her own so the only way to cut the Why's off is to say, "What do you think?" She then proceeds to give her own explanation.

-Also I think Belize is in serious need of a kid's joke book.

B: Knock knock joke!
Anyone who'll listen: Who's there?
B: (looks around for the closest object): Stroller!
Anyone who'll listen: Stroller who?
B: STROLLER!!!! (the cracks up hysterically)

- Rio is more than slightly obsessed with water. If I have water with my dinner, he will point to my cup and make whiny sounds til I hand it over. Then he throws back his head and drinks, getting a little into his mouth and a lot onto his shirt. He then chokes, puts the cup down and smiles- then asks for more. Its weird.

-The water obsession has carried over to Brannon's water bottle. All day he thinks about that waterbottle, attached to his Dad's bike and waits for it to get home. He hears the keys turn in the lock, runs over to watch the door swing open, and smiles his best happy goofy smile when his Dad comes walking in . . . WITH THE WATERBOTTLE!!!!! I think Brannon is a little jealous.

- The kids have a new pediatrician (people in CA use pediatricians instead of a family doctor). His name is David Berman. Socially he quite awkward but that means he's smart- right? The kids had their 1 & 3 year check ups and here are the stats:
Rio weighs 23 lbs and 11 oz. Totally healthy and got his regular shots plus flu and H1N1. I forgot to get his height.
Belize weighs 31 pounds and is 37 inches tall. She was super excited to get a checkup (I'm not being sarcastic- seriously) and kept talking about how she wanted to get her shot. Which she did while WATCHING!!! Ew, seriously disturbing considering I had to turn my head away and breath slowly so I didn't get nauseous.

A couple of weeks ago my fabulous wonderful sister, Richelle got engaged to a Mr. Darren Walton. They've liked each other since they were 14, its been a long time coming. :) So the kids are going to get a new uncle and the family is finally even between number of boys and girls. Welcome to the family Darren, we're glad to have you!

1 comment:

Auntie Michelle said...

That soudns just like Wyatt's Knock Knock jokes!!!! They make no sense at all, but he laughs so much that we just crack up too!!!!