How my Dad and Brannon are alike.
There are a memories, I've been thinking on lately and thinking how sad if they were never re-told, lost to oblivion. My Dad and Brannon are quite disimilar, in most ways actually except for a few key points:
1.) They both can be counted on to make the right choice, it sounds cliche but truly it can save your family and your relationships. I trust both of them completely. So much that if they needed to make a life decision for me, I would gladly hand it over to their hands. But no matter how hard I try to convince them sometimes, they still refuse to make life decisions for me- they support me in my decisions, even if they disagree (although they don't mind saying so, hey, they're not perfect :) ).
2.) They can be counted on. Period. If you ask them to do something, its as good as done and they'll do a DANG good job. Responsibility and accountability run thick in their veins, that's why you'll never come across a project half-finished. Hard work is like a second language.
3.) Although in different ways, they are both problem solvers. Dad will come up with the most time-efficient, Brannon will commit to spending however much time it takes. Bottom line- they figure it out.
4.) They are both generous. Dad, though frugal to the untrained eye, gets a certain kick out of watching people enjoy things. Brannon had a good teacher (his Dad) and values quality above expense (when the means are available) which in the long run ends up saving us a ton in hassle. Also, they are both generous with time. Not in that they spend hours upon hours with someone but if you'd like some quality time with them, no more ask then you shall receive. Even if they are swamped, they have the ability to make you feel like they have all the time in the world.
5.) They are righteous Priesthood holders, who honor the covenants they've made with God.
6.) They always have a listening ear and an open heart.
7.) They give good hugs.
8.) They make me feel so special and loved sometimes I can barely believe I am so blessed to have them in my life.
Thank you both for being so alike! I love ya!



2 comments:
too sweet. you're lucky to have such amazing men in your life ;)
Now that was good reading! You have such insight into the people around you, and I love all the cute pictures! Love you... by the way, the Christmas present for you-know-who is almost complete&0 it is amazing--can't wait to share it! Aunt Thoma Lee
Post a Comment