Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rio is one!

My baby boy is one years old! I don't recall being sad when Belize turned one, it was more like, phew! But I'm having a hard time with Rio turning into a little boy, he was such a wonderful baby- still is. Okay, I guess he'll always be my baby so I should just stop whining. I have yet to make a doctor's appointment for his year visit so I don't have the stats but this is my boy in a nut shell:

-Rio is a walking maniac, he's getting pretty speedy now so we have to be lightning quick shutting the bathroom doors because some of his favorite things to do are to put things or hands in the toilet and crawl in the standing shower (also, playing with the toilet bowl cleaners).
-His usual activities include walking/wondering around the house all day, eating, and following either Belize or I around.
-He's has 8 teeth now! And will eat anything except bananas and french toast.
-He goes to bed at 7:00, sleeps through the night and takes 2 one hour naps a day.
-He's loosing his thunder thighs. :(
-He says momma now and makes the sign for milk and all done. He loves to scream and laugh and has a weird deep chuckle too. And apparently he really likes Moose tunes (jammed out in the car yesterday)- thanks Aunt Thomi!
-If he catches someone smiling at him, he lights up like a Christmas tree- his smile is so contagious!
-The other day he got into the garbage can and spread red velvet cupcake (more about those later) wrappers all over the couch and carpet (I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth) so I snapped a little at him. He cried then found an old wipe and sat next to me wiping the carpet with it (I just cried writing this, he is SO sweet!).
-I never fully understand the term "momma's boy" until I met Rio. I love him with all of my
heart. He is bursting at the seams with joy. He gives big slobbery buhs to his parents and sister and recently he's been giving hugs too. I melt every time I see that little grinning face. I can't imagine our lives without him, he is my baby boy!Click on the picture above for some serious cuteness!
The day before Rio's birthday we went to the Original Pancake house to celebrate, I think we're going to make it a tradition, SUPER yummy!
Rio's Abuelo & Abuela got him this super cool dump truck and he loves it, he's such a boy already.

He is so proud of himself for doing things that Belize does, and awh, this fall sweaters kill me!
Happy birthday Bubba!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy birthday, Rio! We were so sad that we couldn't go to the party, but we didn't want any little kiddos getting nasty colds :(

Erica said...

That holding hands picture is TOO CUTE!!!