Sunday, July 27, 2008

One is the loneliest number

Today, I sent my hubby off to Oregonia for a MONTH at OHSU. :( If anyone is bored and would like to play with us- believe me, we would love it! Forgive the random order of the pictures this week. This is Belize resting with her Abuelo after some hard labor in the backyard. Abuelo must have really tired her out because she fell asleep mid-lunch! I attempted Jello Jigglers recently, turned out to be a jello slosh but Belize liked them anyways . . . who would have guessed? :) Abuela had a birthday this week and Belize tried to help blow out her candles with her nose. And the last picture is of the raspberry shortbread cookies I made awhile go. What else? . . . oh, Belize has been sleeping in her big girl bed for a week now and the binky has gone bye bye!!! Potty training is in talks right. She gives the sweetest kisses and likes to kiss my owies better. Her favorite phrases are: "Ay Chi Wa Wa," "Oh, Nnnnuts!" "I go Weulo's house," or "I go Nana's house." And a couple of weeks ago at Belize's overdue 18 month check she was in the 50% for weight and 75% for height- finally proof that I feed her, she's just thin cause she runs around like a bloody maniac. :) We've also specified a time-out chair, I think I need one too, but mine needs to be in a soundproof bubble.



5 comments:

Krysten said...

Feel free to drive to Tacoma any time you want. We would love to have you come play. Matter of fact we can drive up there sometime if you want. We usually hang out up there on Saturdays at Gary and Sylvias.

Seriously though, hugs-that's gotta be tough with Brannon gone that long.

Erka said...

Yum, those cookies look so good!
I can't believe Belize talks in sentences now and she is only 20 months old! How is the big girl bed working? I have been contemplating the idea for Julia, but I am not knowing what signs to look for to see if she's ready yet?

Erica said...

Please do tell how you managed to remove the binkie...and advice for the bed...both of those things will be in the works for us in the near future - I would love some tips!

Becca said...

That picture of her sleeping at lunch is priceless.

Josephine said...

Yes please, I would love a time out chair as well. She is getting cuter and cuter all the time.