Wednesday, May 04, 2011

I don't wanna work, I just want to stay in my bed all day

Although we are on the last leg of our journey in the worst residency year EVER, the kids have been feeling a serious lack of Dad lately. Belize has recently started wishing on things (pennies and dandelions) that her Dad will, "never have to go to work again."


And then we had this conversation on our way to Disneyland:
B : I wish Dad could come with us.
Me: Me too, but he loves us so much that he goes to work so we can have food to eat, etc, etc.
B: I think we need another husband
Me: (pausing to think of what the heck I am going to say next)
B: Then he could be an assistant and go to work for Dad.
Me: Sure.
B: Maybe the next baby could be a boy and he could be another husband.

I have to say that her logic is impeccable. Here is what my want ad would look like-

WANTED: 2nd husband, whose only duty would be to go to work for PYT's 1st husband. Work consists of 110 hour sleep-depriving, stress-inducing work weeks. Benefits- free cafeteria food. There will be no other benefits- period. $3/hr

How many replies do you think i'd get?

3 comments:

Maxmomma said...

LOL!!! I LOVE it Shauna. Oh, if they knew you, there'd be lots of responses! Maybe we should make that chart or paper chain to the end of July for the kids' sake... Bless Belize's heart, that is hard!

Hannah said...

Spot on! Hang in there sweet pea! It's tough when "mommy sleeps in this room and daddy sleeps at the hospital." If only they knew he wasn't really getting to sleep at all...

Erka said...

Hahaha! I love belize's logic! Two more months and this year is OVER, right? Actually even less, seeing it's already May 6th!
Shauna, you are my hero, you made it through this year with no husband, two kids and one on the way!