Sunday, November 07, 2010

The Yearly Dr. Visit

This week we visited Dr. Berman for the kid's annual check-ups (usually highly anticipated by Belize). This year however she'd convinced herself that she didn't want shots (usually she BEGS for them) so in the morning we practiced having an exam, Rio didn't want to be left out of course and so by 11:00 they were pretty well prepared. The kids did fabulous and although Belize "claimed" that the shots hurt when we got to the car, she didn't cry or fuss at all. Rio held still but did cry his little heart out when he got his shots, other than that they were model patients. Dr. Berman did discover that Rio has an innocent heart murmur, apparently that is nothing to worry about and he should out grow it, although I guess Brannon still has one. Here are the stats:

Belize weighs 35 lbs and is 39 3/4 in. high (I guess Belize has Disneyland fooled! She recently started riding the big roller coasters, which she LOVES!!!!!).
Rio is 29 lbs and 35 inches high. Recently random strangers have been asking if they are twins and I guess it will only take a few more months before they are almost the same size!

3 comments:

Erka said...

Was that the flu shot that Belize got, or do they still have to get other shots at four? I have been promosing Julia that she's done with shots for a while, otherwise I caould never get her into the doctor's office. I think it's so good that you prepare your kids beforehand, I'm going to give it a try and see if it works for us too. Haha, I think it's funny Belize has been fooling Disney to get on the rides before she is 40 inches!

Mj said...

How cute they are almost the same size, that didn't take long! I can't believe Belize loves the doctor so much, I guess with Brannon as her daddy, doctors are nothing to be scared of!

Thoma Lee & Ron Olsen said...

Love your comments! Those kids are really growing up~~ I think you're the only one who sees our blog - yes, you can use any costume we may have - as you can see, the first thing Reese does when she arrives is find a princess costume! Love you tons~~