2 days after surgery, we hopped on a plane (minus Brannon) with the help of Kayla (one of my darling Young Women) who took my kids all the way to the plane. I was anticipating a terrible flight especially since I wasn't supposed to be lifting more than 10 lbs but the kids were angels. Seriously, the best flight we've ever had!Grandpa spent the week before getting the stream ready and he was well rewarded. All Rio could talk about was, "Outside, rocks, water."
Nana has some books she keeps special for the kids: Jesse Bear, what will you where?, Are you my mother? Choose the Right, and Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf are among the favorites.
Grandpa wanted to kitsch up the deck a bit so we spent an afternoon shopping at Big Lots and the dollar store and came up with this. He was especially excited about the lanterns, complete with fairies, and butterfly lights. I tell you, Grandpas get a little silly with grand-daughters around. :) We put up all the decorations together and had a grand time. This was the first time all the siblings slept in the same house since I got married almost 7 years ago.
Of course the Garcias came to play the day after we arrived. The kids had fun making a mess in the stream, riding around the track and playing with the doll house. The weather was perfect to lay around talking outside and that's exactly what we did. Perfection!
3 days ago



2 comments:
thats not true, darren and i slept at his parents house. remember you kicked us out of our room? :)
Belize and Rio for sure have the best grandpa! I love what he did with the deck!
Reading your post made me homesick for my family and Seattle, that if it weren't for Julia starting preschool next week, I'd be visiting my parents in Kirkland now!
Post a Comment