Saturday, July 03, 2010

Updates

Belize is 3 1/2 and Rio is 20 months. Lately I've been needing an occasional nap (P.S. the nauseous feeling (still much better than with the first two) has subsided and only fatigue remains) and I just expect some raucous to be raised while I nap. Usually Rio is napping and Belize is happy to be playing the computer (a privilege which has now been revoked- see previous post). Well, one day after snoozing for 20 minutes I come out to assess the damage and Belize has spread a canister of hot chocolate and bag of shredded cheese all over the carpet and couch.


Recently and gratefully Belize is easing out of her difficult, tantrum throwing stage. Not to say that they do not happen on occasion but they are mostly for a reason and oh man, it makes her so much cuter! ;) We have fun conversations and is always making me laugh with the funny things she says. She also has an amazing large vocabulary and sometimes uses words out of context (which adds to the hilarity). Since Grandma passed away she also talks a lot about death, not in a sad way but she just has a LOT of questions and has been known to ask people when they are going to die.
Rio has been talking A LOT, mostly words, he can repeat a lot of things, including prayers (so cute!) and oh, the way he folds his little hands! Almost everything he says includes some kind of "mine". This he learned from his sister because I can't remember Belize saying mine until she was 2! He says, "I lub you." Unlike Belize did, he pronounces his "L"s.
Typically in the morning Rio crys for 20 minutes for no reason, I remember Belize going through a similar stage so THANK GOODNESS there is an end to that coming.
Rio has picked up on the face game and I have to say is giving Belize a run for her money. This is "Cute face".
"Mad face."
"Surprised."
The Nielsens finally arrived from Virginia via Utah and we promptly convinced them to accompany us to Disneyland. Here are Belize and Brighton, we saw the Aladdin show for the first time and WOW, it is like watching a Broadway play!
Brannon and I went to San Diego for his co-resident Max Brambilla's wedding. Just the 4 hours of driving alone together was worth the babysitter's weight in gold! It was pretty blissful, plus someone looks extra handsome in a suit! ;)

Belize was disappointed she didn't get to see Dr. Max's wedding and wanted to make sure we got a picture of Emma's "sparkly dress."
Max and Brannon
These are the 4 ortho residents. Max, Brannon, John Gelver and Albert Hsu.
Did you know I'm the Laurel Advisor now? This means I teach Sunday school for the 16-18 year old girls at church. I'm LOVING it! I have 4 girls who are graduating this year so I made pillow cases they could take to college with them. Their initial is on the front and a scripture on the back, I also included a copy of "Unsolicited, Unwelcome, and Unwanted Advice - from a 75 year old woman to college students" by Marjorie Pay Hinckley. I'm so proud of them!

3 comments:

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
robin marie said...

will you be my laurel adviser!?!?

p.s. that shot of you two at the wedding is hot!

Mj said...

Cute pillow cases! Such a great idea. I love the pictures at the top of the kids happy and mad faces, cute! I'm sorry for the chocolate and cheese incident, I'm sure that wasn't too fun to clean up. :-)