Saturday, November 07, 2009

We're off to see the Wizard . . .

Halloween already seems like it was months ago, our lives are shifting into fast gear for the holidays and we're ready? Ready as we can be. Yes, there are 2 pictures, I couldn't decide which one I liked better of me, don't tell me you choose which one is cuter of your kids, I'd feel like a bad mom, I mean, this blog is FULL of cute kid pictures. We went trunk or treating at our church and then again on Halloween. We live right by this neighborhood called, Sleepy Hollow and everyone decorates and hands out candy. Quite the contrast from the U-district in Seattle. Our family won/shared the award for best family Costumes at the trunk-or-treat. Truth be told, I've been planning this since before I even had children. Have I mentioned that I love dressing up? There need to be more events/holidays that facilitate dressing up.

Belize and her little friend Zara (also our neighbor).
She was so excited this Halloween and couldn't believe everyone just GAVE her candy! She notably had a piece in her mouth throughout the night. She was just the sweetest little Dorothy. We've had the costume since last Halloween, she had refused to try it on until we webcammed Naya and Naya tried on her Snow White costume. THANK YOU NAYA!!!
Nana flew into town just in time! Belize kept asking what she was going to be for Halloween, Mom kept saying, "I'm going to be a Nana!" That didn't satisfy Belize though so we settled on a Crocodile- a pretend Crocodile.

Sugar high vs. Way past my bedtime.

6 comments:

Erka said...

Your guys' costumes rocked! You did such a good job putting everything together!
Oh, how in the world did you ever clean all that spilled laundry detergent?

Keily said...

Cutenesses. Let the holidays begin!!:)

Becca said...

Love the theme! Izzy was Dorothy too this year. I was being a cheap-o and made Theo's tin man costume this year. You all look great! Really though, how did you get the laundry detergent out of the carpet??

Bri said...

I like how you all match. Very cool. We are doing well moving in two weeks! AAAHHH.

Shauna said...

So, I poured vinegar all over the carpet, apparently it has an agent that when I rubbed the carpet it didn't turn into one sudsy mess and then I bought a green machine from Costco ($70!!!!!) (a tiny portable carpet cleaner) to spray water and suck up the soap for HOURS!!! I figure I will more than likely use the green machine on a daily basis and I'm trying to consider it an investment. :(

Mj said...

Awesome, love the costumes! Halloween is so much fun! How nice for your mom to fly in. So sorry about the carpet incident, terrible! At least I know what to do if it ever happens to me. Vinegar and a green machine from Costco!