This is the first year where we did not have 2 turkeys, 2 jello salads, 2 hefty helpings of mashed potatoes, etc and my tummy says THANK YOU! I do not like overeating, I really detest it. I love Thanksgiving and all the yummy food but at the end when I feel like my stomach is about to explode, i wonder if its really worth it. The kids had nasty colds and we were unsure of when Bro was going to be able to get off work so we didn't really make any plans (I thought MAYBE I would make a pumpkin pie). Until the night before when Brannon re-iterated that this was his FAVORITE holiday, etc, etc. so the next morning I rolled up my sleeves and made the regular spread minus the turkey (substitute-Rotisserie Chicken). It was exhausting and Rio cried on the kitchen floor practically the whole time but when all said and done it was truly a thanksgiving dinner and my heart is so very thankful!
3 days ago



3 comments:
I'd have to disagree with you, I love stuffing myself! Of course I don't feel the best afterwards, but there's something about gorging yourself on Thanksgiving that seems like tradition-- and the after effect of gaining a couple extra pounds! I'm glad you guys had a good one, I'm sorry Rio didn't like you cooking all day! I hope it was all worth it. :-)
hey girl. i need your address. email me!
we had a rotisserie chicken too!
Post a Comment