Friday, November 20, 2009

Black eyed Birthday

I considered entitling this, "Birthday beating, or What our kids get for their birthday, or the day before CPS took Belize away ". The night before Belize's birthday (11-18) she fell out of bed and hit her eye on the bed frame, from what we can put together, our source was a 3 year old. Good thing purple is her favorite color and matched her purple birthday outfit!

So excited for pancakes at the original pancake house!
Like father like daughter.
We borrowed this beginning Ballet DVD from the library but it was too scratched to watch so I found it on Amazon. Showing off some of her new moves . . . .



After breakfast we drove to San Diego to pick up our new car (more on that later), not a very exciting birthday but I think Belize had good time, black eye and all. We got to see her cousins Madi and Alex. And the next day she ate her birthday cupcake aka ball of frosting.

Belize continues to be a shining star in our lives. Lately I've been "crying" in front of Rio after he hurts me to illicit a response, not a moment later Belize comes running to help me feel better by giving me kisses. She's a little momma who loves her brother and her parents. Entering this 3rd year with a bossy phase, she's mostly a happy, sweet, caring, chatty, fun, smart, energetic, friendly little girl with a black eye. I could just squeeze her just thinking about her cute personality, in fact, I think I will! I love you Belize!

4 comments:

The Jager Family said...

Happy Birthday Belize!!! And congrats on the new car Shauna cant wait for you to show it off!

Erka said...

Happy Birthday, Belize!!!
I can't believe her ballet moves, did she learn that just from the video?

Mj said...

3 is a big birthday! So far, I've found that 3 is an even harder age than 2, best of luck! :-) I do feel bad for her eye, ouch!

Zoram said...

Feliz Cumpleanos!! Hey Bro Congrats on your new car! Where is the pics?