Finally here are the party details! The week prior to Rio's birthday Belize and I had some serious illness so we decided (I decided) to postpone the party. So on Thursday we had our Californian friends over- the Harmons (church), the Schwars (neighbors), the Jagers (church) and the Lowes (internet friends). There were 8 kids!! They almost out numbered adults, this is a big contrast to Belize's 1st birthday where there were only 2 kids and probably 20 adults. Kidless friends are dropping like flies (and having kids I mean). I had an easy time coming up with a theme because two of Rio's favorite things are balloons and balls. I wish I had captured his face when he woke up Thursday morning and saw the decorations- priceless! We still have them up. Here are the invitations:The decor, plus 12 beach balls i picked up on sale all over the floor.
The party started at 6:00 and as if on cue the boy got tired (it WAS his party and he can cry if he wants to).
Earlier in the day we went to the hospital to pick up THIS!!!!
Holy smokes it was the biggest pinata I've ever seen. One of Brannon's patients got it for him in Tijuana because he found out it was his son's birthday. I didn't think I would be very enthused about a piñata at a one year olds birthday party. But then I shut my mouth as soon as I saw the kid's faces light up!
Rio was soooo tired, he kept cuddling his head into my lap- I didn't mind- who wouldn't?
My SON- my SON!!!! eating a grape.
"Mom! I wasn't going to tell you but someone put this marvelous messy piece of heaven on my tray and well, I was HAD to eat it. Wait! You knew this was going to happen? and didn't tell me?"
Wah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Best day EVER!!!!!
They are red velvet balloons- okay? It was hard! And next to them are these cute little brie and jam pastries, haven't I mentioned how much I am in LOVE with brie- I can't imagine a bad day if brie was involved somehow!
Rio's eye on the prize.
Belize's eye on the prize. She did succeed in blowing out the candle but in a big sister helping sort of way. Brannon wants to entitle this picture Arian nation. ("2 of these kids is not like the other, 2 of these kids just isn't the same")
I also made a bombe for the adults, chocolate mousse filled you can't be wrong!
Brannon INSISTED that he buy candy and stuff the piñata. The kids sure did enjoy getting some good old fashioned aggression out. The only one who did not participate was Rio, he was getting a bath and then went to sleep.
12 hours later, Rio pooped the most bright red poop I've ever seen, it even dyed his uh- well, you can imagine- cherry apple red!!! (from the cupcakes).
1 week ago



3 comments:
Thanks for the advice on the red velvet - that had never occured to my brain! I miss a day and miss a whole week of your blogging - keep it up, it's nice to stay current on your little ones. Could they get any cuter? Love you
Shauna, I love your sense of humor! I am glad the party went so well, and oh my goodness, I have never seen a pinata sooooo Big!
What a fun fun 1st birthday party! I love the pinata! How cool a patient brought it for Brannon, all because of Rio's birthday! You are wearing the cutest shirt, where did you get it?
Post a Comment