Friday, September 04, 2009

Reinforcements have arrived . . .

and we're excited- can you tell?
Keith and Carmen, also known as Buelo and Beula, came on an airplane from Seattle to Los Angeles to see their golden boy for a son, Brannon (shhhhhhh, don't tell him they just came to see their grandbabies)!
Brannon and I got to attend the Los Angeles Temple for a session, it was so beautiful and I realized I have been missing the temple so much!
"It's a match" game. Belize just started getting the hang of playing games, she's still a little inconsistant on the rules though, cause she kind of always wins even if she loses she says, "I won too!" Well, at least she's SHARING the win.
Happy as clams that are about to go to the beach on a hot day! Note that Belize is wearing not only her body "Gwub" but a swimsuit to top it off, there was no convincing her otherwise.
Brannon's parents got him a cool body board and this guy was in heaven!

Buela had Rio duty which is actually very hard work considering you have to play with him in your lap the whole time, otherwise he scarfs down the sand like it was well . . . chocolate (I guess, that's what I would scarf if I had my druthers).
Sand angels and showing off her stylish swimming attire.
Does this look like a little surfer girl or what?
Contemplating the meaning of politics.
How do you keep a 10 month old entertained? Throw Cheerios to the seagulls of course!
Belize and I had a mommy/daughter outing. We went to the local synchronized swimming show and it was well- AWESOME! It started at 8:15 and she was already cranky so I thought, well, we can always duck out early. But she was memorized for the entire thing.
One of the swimmers came up to talk to her dad, who happened to be sitting right next to us. Belize got really excited and got up the guts to wave and say hi. Then she got even braver and asked (after prompting) to take a picture with her. I think the girl was tickled too because she told her Dad, "See Dad, I'm already famous!"
I am convinced that only grandmas have a special gift for rocking Rio to sleep. I swear, I try but he just won't do it with me. And believe me, Rio LOVES the attention!
Someone is having fun!

Before the Ortons left we had a mini-Rodriguez reunion (minus 9 brothers and one sister and tons of cousins), but hey, our apartment isn't THAT big. Tio Benito is Carmen's younger brother (the closest to her in age).
These are Belize 2nd? cousins, Alexander and Madi, let's just say, Belize's feet probably didn't stop the whole evening.
Okay, let me try this: Top left- Alexander, Beau, Antionette, Madi, Benito, Carmen, Elisha. Bottom left- Brannon, Rio, Shauna, Belize and Laura. (Keith is taking the picture)

No comments: