Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happiness

Rio started walking this week! He can't be enticed to walk but randomly he will stand up and take a few steps. He looks like a little toddler now, part of me is so proud of him but it also makes me so sad that he's not my precious little baby.

In the picture he had just figured out how to ring the doorbell of Belize's "makery" house. He was so tickled with himself! He has been standing for a month and saying dog, ball and bird. Still no mama, Belize was the same way- can't I get a kid who loves me before a dog, their dad, and other small animals? There's still hope I guess - not anytime soon for those of you who just wondered.

Belize's artistical take on the essence of her mom in a photograph. (See the engagement picture, dirty cereal bowl that didn't make it to the sink, my wallet (empty), the laptop, and yes yes, I didn't forget the just emptied bag of chocolate chips).
Yeah, they hang out now.

Belize's black eye courtesy of her dresser knob.
The little butterfly dress that Nana and Grandpa brought back from Thailand that up until now Belize has been refusing to wear (she refuses to wear anything with buttons, even if its a fake button hole).
Look at that thigh! I could just eat that drumstick up, it's so dang adorable!
Belize kept saying, "I'm a worker guy." Huh? . . . Oh, the hairbrushes in her pull-ups were "tools". haha
Our ward had a stake fry and bake-off. Guess who won first place for cakes? Moi. Check out the coolest apron EVER!!!! It was totally worth ignoring my kids for the good part of a day. And here are Belize and Brannon attempting to scarf down my Ultimate Reese's chocolate layer cake before judging time.

I am more happy right now than I have ever been in my whole life. Not that I've NEVER been unhappy and not like I don't have things to be unhappy about- some of you may know that our condo has yet to sell and we are barely living within our means and thats including the help we are receiving from our wonderful parents. I mean, I had one nice T-shirt all summer (the 8576309 shirt in all of the blog pics) so usually I just wore long sleeves until my mom got into town last month, took one look at my closet and said, "Let's go shopping- you live in California, not Seattle." I have never been this poor in my life (I realize I am spoiled).

Let me tell you why I am so so happy: I married a good man who never ceases to surprise and amaze me with his spiritual insight, "we can do this" attitude and constant willingness to do the dishes or any job for that matter that I've been dragging my feet at. I have great kids who try my patience so that I can grow as a person, do the funniest things, and give me slobbery kisses and jump in my lap to cuddle. I have a deep and personal testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father who I feel are encouraging me to read my scriptures more diligently, letting me recognize teaching moments with my daughter and holding my hand so that I can indeed "endure to the end."

In short, I am happy with who am I, not perfect but evolving.

7 comments:

Thoma Lee & Ron Olsen said...

a beautiful blog from a beautiful young woman - inside and out! your comments say it all - and you will survive - you have the right focus, love you tons

The Jager Family said...

Thanks for your reasons of why you are HAPPY...I needed that more then you know. And BTW the way I'm happy with the way you are too! :)

Maxmomma said...

It shows your grateful heart to be so happy. I love that! By the way- I adore the pic that Belize took... so fun when a random shot says so much.

Awesome video of the kids dancing- one day that will be worth big money!

Mj said...

I think you're great Shauna! I admire your optimistic spirit. It's tough being poor. After having no money ourselves for so long, getting a real paycheck is shocking! It still doesn't feel real or like it's our money. Hang in there, it's hard, but will be so worth it. You've got adorable kids, and a wonderfully helpful husband to help you through this!

Suzanne said...

So we failed to make you happy here in Seattle. JK
I am so happy that you are at peace and enjoying your life. Your wonderful and you have a wonderful family. Keep in touch. I rarely check blogs anymore.

Shellie said...

Shauna - I'm so glad I read your blog today :) I haven't read blogs forever, but it was great to see and read how well you're all doing. What adorable kids you have! Thanks for sharing about your happiness during this chapter of your life - it's nice to know others understand the challenges and rewards it offers. I hope everything continues to go well - Take care!

Mama Wisch said...

Wow! You are amazing! I love that you are truly happy... and that you are standing strong in faith!! Your condo will sell, and you will have more money one day... unfortunatly it's just a waiting game! Good for you for having such a fabulous attitude about it!