ONE of the perks of having grandparents visit is that we have very willing babysitters. Being with the kids literally 24 hours a day can take its toll and I can't lie, I was REALLY looking forward to Brannon and I's camping trip. We took our time driving down the coast, stopping in Laguna beach and eating lunch on the beach. Then we headed east into the desert- did I mention that it was the HOTTEST weekend at 102? We decided that it might not be the best idea to arrive at the campsite in the heat of the day so we stopped at Esconditos (the hidden place) and watched Harry Potter and the Half-blood prince in 3D (please do not waste your money on 3D, its only the first scene, what a rip-off), which we really enjoyed.

Julian, California was another pit stop along the way for dinner. It's an old mining town and themed old western, i was in heaven, it was so stinkin cute. We had hmmmmm good BBQ chicken and the most amazing apple pie (Julian boasts the best in the US, and I can't say they are wrong!)

We stayed at Cuyamaca State park. It was the perfect temperature by the time we set up camp and we took a hike early in the morning and avoided the heat.

Cuyamaca means lush place (I think) and so it WAS a little pocket of green until 2003 when it was destroyed by a fire, the second largest in California. Still, it was beautiful and amazing how all the charcoled wreckage coexists with the green new life.


I look a little peeved in the picture but I assure you, I was having the most splendid time!

So pensive.

I can't tell you how much it lifts my soul to spend time with my sweetheart! Uninterrupted time when I can feel like I am my whole self, my best self with the other part of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment