Friday, I went into my doctor's apt, 3 cm dilated on my way to a 4, 70% effaced. She said that she could massage my membranes if I wanted to see if that would speed up the process, and I DID! The rest of the day, I spent having lots of cramps and pressure and wondering if my anticipation had gotten the best of me. At about 9:30 I started having some sporadic contractions but at 11:30 or so Brannon and I decided to go to bed just in case this was all a hoax. Then at 1:23 I was painfully awaken to consistant painful 8-5 minute apart contractions. We waited for a few and then packed up the rest of our things, woke up Belize and headed to Swedish hospital, by then it was around 2:30am. We handed Belize off to Abuelo and Abuela who kindly met us there. Things moved along really quickly as I was dilated to 5cm and having contractions every 2 -3 minutes. They moved us into a room from triage and the anesthesiologist caught up with us and gave me a HEAVENLY epidural! The whole labor was night and day difference from Belize's (the epidural did not end up working at all). The doctor (Megan McKeever) broke my water an hour and a half later, and I laid down for a rest. Half an hour later, I told the nurse (Katie) that I felt like I needed to push and low and behold when she checked me I was completely dilated and ready to go. I pushed for 2o minutes or so, keep in mind, I was in NO PAIN! So I was able to keep a lot of control and I didn't tear this time either. Then gloriously at 6:03 AM, 3 1/2 hours after arriving at the hospital, Rio Rodriguez Orton was born!!!! He looks almost identical to his sister in a boy sort of way with dark eyes, black wavy hair and the cutest little nose i've ever seen!
1 week ago



3 comments:
He looks great! Congratulations. How bout a little modesty for the little gent, seriously, on the scale for the world to see! Reminds me of some pictures I saw of his old man on the internet.
Jarred
Congratulation Ortons! I'm so glad everything went well and I can't wait to see little Rio (great name by the way).
That's wonderful that it was a little easier the second time around. No pain while pushing - that's GLORIOUS! My first wasn't really bad or anything (I can say that now:), but it's nice to hear it may get easier...
He is adorable, but of course you guys would have beautiful children! I look forward to seeing more pictures!!
Post a Comment