Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Coast






These are the last pictures I will be posting for awhile as my beloved camera that snapped its little heart out for 5 years is officially dead. :( This weekend we went camping with the Butterfields (cousins once or twice removed) at Ocean Shores state park. It was a blast! It poured the first night but cleared up for a beautiful weekend. I successfully put up and down the tent thanks to Brannon's detailed instructions and my outdoor prowess and am proud to say, Belize and I were as dry as cereal before the milk! Belize had fun bonding with her cousins and their bicycles, especially her cousin Madi who she lovingly called Mani. Gary cooked with a dutch oven and the food was divine!!! Then we hopped in the car again and drove down to visit the Angus's in Portland where Brannon was able to see us for maybe a total of a few hours in 3 days but it was worth it just to see him. Belize was enamered with her 3 year old cousin, Emma and followed her everywhere. Thanks to the Butterfields and the Angus's for welcoming us into your campgroud/home!








2 comments:

Kailey said...

I love the picture of you PROUDLY standing next to your (very nicely hidden under a tarp, but I assume properly assembled) tent. I have a picture similar to that of me sitting on the ground next to my car after I changed a tire! To Wanda (that's from Fried Green Tomatoes... if you haven't seen it, you should... it's a great chick flick while the husband is gone... and I have it if you want to drive all the way out here to borrow it...or better yet, lets watch it and have a girly night eating bon bons)! You're a doll. I can't wait for you to have your little boy!!

Mj said...

Fun, fun! Way to go putting up the tent all by yourself! I love Ocean Shores, it's beautiful over there. We have yet to take Caleb camping!