Thursday, March 06, 2008

Sweet dreams Mom

I have to share this story. Yesterday morning, I was feeling quite tired (Belize has been waking up at 6:30 for the day) so I lay down on her floor to take a rest while she played. Belize doesn't like it when I sleep on the job so she does everything to wake me up like trying to poke my eyes open . . . finally she realized I wasn't budging so she put a blanket on me, softly brushed the hair out of my face and gave me a sweet kiss as if to say, "you DO seem pretty tired mom, go ahead and take a nap, you deserve it." She had tucked me in cozy and as i let out a sigh of bliss, she sat on my head and used it as a bouncy ball. I guess I know who's the boss now.

Also today, while I was in the shower she chucked the remote in, rendering it useless. Which is okay because she's quite the pro at turning on and off the television repetitively, but creates the problem of switching the TV to DVD. Translation: No Backyardigans! HELP ME!!!! I MIGHT NOT MAKE IT! Here is a picture reminiscent of the good ol' days with both functional remotes.

6 comments:

Mj said...

Oh man, I hear ya about the weary mom syndrome! And no, these little ones don't let you snooze on the job, your head becoming a bouncy ball is proof of that! Though it was really cute of Belize to give you a kiss and blanket... As for the remote, oh no! I guess Belize wasn't very happy with you showering on the job either! Perhaps you can get a new one and program it to the TV/DVD player? A hassle though and doesn't always work! Good luck! Now these little ones are getting older and I think even more cute, they also get into more trouble!

robin marie said...

no remote!!! man. i can't help you there!

Suzanne said...

I feel you pain. The boys are waking up around 5 and are up for the day. I have tried to turn on the tv and go back to bed. Ya right, in my dreams.

cat said...

i am laughing SO hard about that first story. sorry about the remote...that is an essential!

jules said...

That is so adorable! What a sweetie.

Kailey said...

Bouncy ball... HA! Tooo funny. At least her heart was in the right place. Do we need to start talking to you any slower now or anything??