Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Safest of WAYS - my hero!

I have an ongoing internal battle with QFC and Safeway. First of all, let me preface this by telling you that I hate grocery shopping! I know that other stores exist but these are the ones closest to my house, thereby being the ones I shop at the most. QFC has a MUCH bigger selection, better produce and well, its just a better experience if you don't attend during rush hour. Safeway produce stinks, however it is cheaper and the store is almost always empty (as if that doesn't tell you something already). But tonight, Safeway has made leaps and bounds in my book!!! After stewing about how I need to go to store for a long grocery list and milk (we only have 1/2 cup left), Brannon suggested that if I really didn't want to go that bad that Safeway delivers. What!?!??! Well, I was sure it cost almost more than the groceries themselves! But after checking online, on their front page you get your first delivery for FREE if its more than $50 (I spend almost 2 times that every time I go, which is only once every 1-2 weeks) with the promotion code listed. Yeah for Safeway!!!

6 comments:

jules said...

So...uh...what's your promotion code?

QFC has complimentary childcare while you shop (for kids over 2)and pretty good chicken salad sandwiches. BUT, the staff at Safeway are so much nicer. It's a toss-up.

Shauna said...

The promotion code for me was EASY7 but I think it changes depending on the day, it should tell you right on the website!

dreadnought said...

you are definitely bored.

You should write a book, probably fiction. Something like Ladies No 1 Detective Agency, only different setting. You'd be really good. Literature and art are a lot like a souvenirs, which is defined as two things which have never been glued together, glued together. No 1 Detective Agency is about a traditional African woman in Botswana who opens her own detective agency, two things which have never before been combined. Find two things which have never before been combined, and you've created art.

Krysten said...

Thats fabulous! I really should look into it but then again I love to grocery shop and its my quiet kid free time so maybe not.

I to cried the first time I read through that families story and just about every time there is a new video. It really makes me take a step back and appreciate the things I have in life.

Erica said...

i should look into that. sometimes i go like 3 different places to try and get good deals and then i always end up having a fussy baby on my hands. home delivery is sounding mighty nice.

and by the way...the baked lays were totally lisa. let me know if you hear anything about her :)

Kailey said...

You are a brave woman. I have wanted to try this, but am afraid to let someone else pick out my groceries. It would be a good way of cutting down on those impulse buys, which usually go staight to the thighs!