Maybe next year we can like eachother enough to get in the same picture- haha! (Dinner at "The Depot" followed by shaved ices and a quick stop at work (the hospital)).

Probably starting the week before our anniversary, I find myself looking at Brannon in a different way. No, different is not the right word, more like- reflective. I notice how he's hardly changed since the beginning- still tanly handsome, boyish smile that makes me melt, his laugh that makes me grin. And how he has changed- his bike-shorts tan, his overpopulating grey hairs, his deep sleeping.
Brannon, remember for my 23rd birthday/1st Mother's day date when I was 2 months pregnant with Belize and still nauseous? You took me to that romantic italian place
on Ravenna (I don't think its there anymore). I can't remember what I ordered but it made me feel like hucking so, not even batting an eye, you gave me your chicken piccata with capers and Gorgonzola cheese? We both know that the chicken was ten times better than what I ordered but you let me eat the whole thing anyways. Then you gave me diamond earrings to celebrate becoming a mother (a complete surprise- which i LOVED!), which I later vacuumed up, which you found after hours of tediously searching through the dust bag, which were by then completely broken, then I told you I would have fixed them by a jeweler, which I am still planning on doing but until then I am keeping them in a "safe" place?
Brannon, remember this morning when you left 8 deep red roses (no tiger lilies in sight) in parchment paper on the table with a handwritten letter for me to find?
My point is, I lucked out. If I never have a lucky thing happen to me ever again, I will still be completely satisfied. Every year has been better than the last. I'm excited to start this 9th year with you, its going to be the best yet!
I love you sweetheart and I always will!



1 comment:
so sweet! happy anniversary.
Post a Comment