Sunday, July 24, 2011

Daddy's back!

So far this 3rd year of residency has felt like a dream-surreal that I get to see Brannon's wonderful face throughout everyday. He is on his 3 month research rotation (the other rotations are going to be more time demanding) where he pretty much dictates his own schedule with the exception of some calls, a clinic and anatomy presentations. I am having a hard time describing how much I appreciate the work he's put into the past year and the joy I feel now that he is a more permanent fixture in our home. *sidenote- our grocery bill has gone up a lot now that we have an extra person to feed- totally worth it!He even swims at the beach! :)
Our best family picture to date- oh why do I have to be 33 weeks pregnant- haha!
Why does sand in food not bother kids? It's a little disturbing.
I got my first "day off" in 4 1/2 years!!! Brannon took the kids ALL day while Angie, Kelci, Alyssa (Angie's SIL) and I got to go see 2 "So You Think You Can Dance" tapings! It was AMAZING!!!!!! Florence and the Machine performed and the dancers were incredible! They even seated us "hot mamas" behind the judges panel so every time the camera panned to the judges, you can see us sitting above them! I love these ladies, I hope we get to do it again soon! (for the record, I did get about 5 texted from Brannon wondering when I was coming home-haha)
Belize (and especially Brannon) are into the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. They are on the 3rd book. I got those books from my Grandma when I was in 2nd grade, with the promise that after I would read one, I would return it to her and receieve the next in in the collection.
Rio "likes" the books too but mainly he jumps around the bed doing his own thing until he ultimately falls asleep in a weird position.

No comments: