Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sorry



Tonight I got frustrated. Brannon was postcall , I typically try to repress those feelings of "why the heck aren't you here" cause MAN, I just feel bad for the guy- he's like a dog that keeps going back for beatings with his tail between his legs, still he goes back. So the feelings shifted to the little guys- I HATE that it does that. I spent over an hour trying to make a sourdough BBQ pizza from scratch and BOMBED! The only thing good was the BBQ sauce and it was from the store. Then neither of my kids would try it- who could blame them?

I did.

I got mad and banished Belize to her room and threw away their dinners. Brannon selflessly got their coats and shoes on amidst tantrums and got them out the door so I could clean up- which
I'm not, I'm blogging and listening to "Gone away from me."

I wish I could be a perfect mom- to never yell, never lose it, never be angry. But I'm not and well, I remember that my mom was not either and I still think she's a keeper. ;) I keep hoping that Belize will be too young to remember any of this and that I still have time to change and not mess her up completely. Alas, I think we have past the point of forgetfulness and I just need to teach her about forgiveness.

The point is that even though I slip up almost daily, I'm generally headed in the right direction, right? A little progress is still progress . . .right? Mother Teresa says that to be humble you must experience humiliation. I still love my kids more than cupcakes, more than sunshine, more than Brie cheese! I would shout it off a mountain top, out my window or even in the middle of
a high councilman's talk (wouldn't that be funny? or at least entertaining?).

I think I need to say, "sorry." Hopefully it will be followed by some sweet hugs, have I mentioned they are the BEST!!!!! I probably need to clean up too . . .

so

this

mama

is

out!

5 comments:

Krysten said...

I have so been there done that. It happens to the best of us. I think we all reach a breaking point. Its reaching those points though that make us reflect back on the situation and improve and move on from there.

Karalea-Karalea said...

I think we have all been in your situation more than once....I like to think that when I show my emotions and feelings, I give my kids the permission to express themselves as well....I'd hate for them to feel repressed! Shauna, you are a GREAT mother....I see your work in your little ones every Sunday in Primary. Keep it up and give yourself a break when things fly out of control! xoxo

Silvia said...

ok now, this made me tear up. I also hope that Zara is too young to remember all my "losing it" times.. but well, what you said is so true about being past that point and rather teach them forgiveness. And we are trying our best, right? Most definitely, you are a great mom!

Erica said...

oh I so hear you on this post. Today has been one of those days full of listening to whining, crying, and fighting and I get mad and am constantly watching the clock till I can put them to bed!!!

Know that we all have those days. It's nice to hear you're not alone :)

Mj said...

Haha, this is why I love reading your posts! It's one's like this that you give everyone else a sigh of relief, 'ah', we say, 'my angry outbursts are normal after all!' :-)