Thursday, October 14, 2010

Filler

"The filler has its place. It is the reality of life. We work, pay bills, clean house and wipe runny noses. We lose our patience, say things we don't mean and feel inadequate for what we don't accomplish.

Sometimes we cry, say sorry, regret things or wish we could escape *this* moment.

Oh, but the Fueling. I live for the fueling. And when it doesn't come soon enough on its own, I bring it.
" - Kelle Hampton


Brannon has been getting off at 8 or 9 every evening. He hasn't seen Rio in 6 days and doesn't get a day off for two weeks. This week he'll have worked 120 hours. I've been making an extra effort to keep our house clean and chores completed. It wasn't a conscious decision, just something that happened, I think in order to compensate for lack of control. We've been keeping busy with preschool, dance class, and friends, I've been really enjoying the kids, they MAKE my days but this whole week could be described in one word- "filler." Cause I swear one day just turned into an extra long month somehow!

I'm in need of a Fueling - something to look forward to. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Maxmomma said...

Oh Shauna- Good entry. It is true- we need rejuvenating. Problem is sometimes we don't know what to do once we get our freedom! Glenn bought that night at a hotel for me... and now I'm not sure what to do with myself! What time does Brannon get home? You want to meet me at the Cheesecake Factory for some dessert?

Erka said...

Yup, it sounds like you need some fueling! I can unfortunately empathize with you. When they are gone so much, it really stinks!
We spend a couple of days at the Great Wolf Lodge last weekend and it helped. I first thought I just wanted something fun for myself, but then realized that it was normal family time (with both parents around and me not having to do everything) that I wanted most. Good luck coming up with something fun to do!

Becca said...

I know what you mean! When you start feeling depressed about being a single parent, just tell yourself it is only temporary. That's what I did when Ben was a student, and still do when he gets really busy. Going on a date makes the biggest difference! Loved your update post too! :)