Thursday, July 08, 2010

Zion's National park Day 1

Our summer vacation 2010 lasted a week (the week between 1st and 2nd year of residency). So, first of all - YEAH! to Brannon for completing his intern year! He was an amazing intern, so his colleges tell me and I'm really proud of him for sticking out this paper-pushing, learning new skills in fields he doesn't like, social worker year! We packed up the kids and drove 7 hours to Utah to visit Zion's National Park. We went early in the morning when the heat wasn't terrible and the first day we went to the Emerald pools. Belize and company made it to the second pool- piece of cake! Brannon wanted to continue on to the third pool so he took Rio in the pack and Belize and I attempted to get a head start on the way back down. It was beautiful! Belize loved playing in the water, Rio ran the first leg so he was exhausted and conked out in the pack, then half way back Belize "lost her energy" and Brannon carried both of our darling babies back (he is so strong ;).











1 comment:

The Knight Family said...

When Josh and I drove through Zion, we did just that. Drove though. Looking at your pictures I wish we would have stayed longer! It is so beautiful! Sounds like your vacation is going well! Yay for Year 2!