





Well, this is the first and likely the only blog entry that I will be doing. Belize and I decided to head out on our own for one last Ogden, UT hurrah before starting residency (I could not convince Shauna to take another trip to Utah in the winter as she frequently reminded me that “we were just there a year ago Brannon”).
I have never had to be the sole care provider for Belize since her birth and it turns out that it is much trickier than it seems. It was a good thing that my dad came along for the trip to help me deal with a few melt downs where I just wanted to go outside, bury my head in the snow and slip into a hypothermic coma (my dad seems to have an unlimited amount of patience when it comes to dealing with Belize). But, overall we had a wonderful time.
Belize loved playing with my Grandma’s little parrot named Tweety Bird, and the bird loved Belize in return. For some reason Belize was one of the only people that could stick her finger in the cage without getting bit. Now that is true love.
Belize also had a great time playing with her cousins. Almost every day she would ask if her cousins were coming over to play. One night during prayer, she said, “….. thank you for my cousins, thank you for tweety bird, thank you for grandma June, amen”. She really did love playing in Utah.
It snowed a lot while we were down there and Belize loved every minute of it. We played in the snow a lot, so much so that there were times she would just lie down in the snow because she was actually tired. Then we would go inside and watch a slightly terrifying, claymation version of Peter and the Wolf that she loves.
No comments:
Post a Comment