Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sheridan, Wyoming

Okay . . . in a nutshell this is what you missed. We packed up our little honda civic with our most precious worldly possessions, which included a pack-n-play, booster seat, 8 binkys, summer and winter clothes (you never know) and a couple backyardigan DVDs. Then we drove across a few states to Missoula, Montana where we stayed with the very generous Sousas, who live on a ranch. Belize was in heaven: she chased around dogs and chickens, rolled in the dirt with a cat, cried at a baby horse (in all fairness, she was due for a nap), ran naked in a stream and got pecked in the head by an emu (who it turns out didn't want to know what children taste like but if he fancied the taste of green barrettes, which Belize just happened to be wearing). Needless to say, I got the most adorable pictures but due to a clich in my memory card, they were all deleted!!!!! This was very sad, but Brannon has some pictures on his camera phone and when we go back to Seattle where the connector cord resides, I will surely post them as well.

The next morning we jammed our bags into the car (isn't it funny how in one day it seems like your belongings double!) and headed onto Sheridan. The pictures: This is our housing, we live in old military housing on the campus of the Veterans hospital where Brannon is "working", more like volunteering as a paycheck is been noticeably absent. This is our roommate Ben, who Belize fondly refers to as, "Den". Every time we drive up to our house, Belize excitedly yells, "Den, Den?" Ben is a good sport about living with a one and a half year old especially because whenever he goes up to his room, Belize tries to run after him. Try teaching a toddler about privacy!

We are really liking Wyoming, the pace is much slower (possibly due to a lack of commitments) but so far everyone is REALLY friendly. Brannon likes the docs he's working with and especially all the old vets he can shoot the breeze with about the war. Besides an almost tragic run-in with a squirrel I'm feeling great (Brannon says i need to stop exaggerating, but I can't help it, squirrels are scary). No nausea, YEAH!!!! Finally!!! Belize is loving it out here, when the weather is good, I just let her loose somewhere outside and she runs and runs and runs to her little heart's content. Her first 2 sundays in nursery were not optimal (they ended up bringing her out to find us a few times) Brannon and I are trying to chalk it up to a new place, new people. We're crossing our fingers for next week. Phew, that was a mouthful, my sympathy to your eyes if you just read all of this!



1 comment:

Mj said...

I can't believe your pictures were deleted, I would have cried! At least you had Brannon's camera phone! Wyoming sounds great. I like the slower pace of life and of course the vastness of space you get out there as well.

Thankfully you're over the nausea stage, hurray! That should make the days a little bit easier. You look great though, I can't even tell you're pregnant in the photo! Glad all is well out there, I've been waiting for a new post! :-)