
"This is the song that never ends." Does anyone remember that song, the theme song to Lambchops (the lamb puppet who sounded like Carol Channing*)? This is the song that we Gregg kids brought out for special occasions (ie. road trips, FHE, or just to annoy the parentals, it was our secret weapon).This is a shout out for the Anti-Lambchops! Belize's birthday is coming up and I'm on the hunt for a tried and true adult-friendly** children's CD. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
*an American singer and actress. The winner of three Tony Awards (including a lifetime achievement award), a Golden Globe and an Academy Award nominee, Channing is best remembered for these roles: Lorelei Lee in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Dolly Gallagher Levi in Hello, Dolly!, and Muzzy in Thoroughly Modern Milly.
**something that makes adults want to pull their ears off and throw them into a deep abyss.
3 days ago



6 comments:
We have a WHOLE box set CD collection of Sesame Streets songs. How can anyone go wrong with songs sung by Elmo, Big Bird, or The Count? You are welcome to borrow any of our music!
The Imagination Movers. My Boys love it and so do I. We have the album eight feet and have heard other songs of theirs online and on the Disney channel.
Dan Zanes is good
We also love our Trout fishing in America CD. Nothing to do with fishing but has some really great music
One of our favorites is Kid Songs by the King Singers. It is a super fun CD and one the whole family likes listening too.
Cami
oh shauna, i am SO with you. this has been my quest for years to find kid and parent friendly music.
some cd's we actually like (both our boys and us) are justin roberts "yellow bus", "raggae for kids" it has different raggae artist like ziggy marley. there are the putaumayo world series that we like. "latin playground" and brazillian playground" are both really good. ralph's world is a good fun artist. the boys love the they might be giants "no" cd (which is also a cd-rom). the curious george soundtrack by jack johnson we like, and for church music (beides the chidren's hymns) there is an album called "primary colors" by inside out,an a-capella group. the kids really dig it. AND our new fave. is the "child's prayer" cd from deseret book and they just came out with a christmas one.
whew! i am sure that there is more, but that took enough energy (and space)! good luck, and let me know what you like.
OHHHH!!! i almost forgot. go to all for kids, or land of nod and you can listen to almost any album they carry. this is the way that i discovered most of my faves.
I feel like a crappy mom--I've never bought kids' music. They just listen to whatever we're listening to. Sophie can sing "Killing me Softly" with the Fugees... Maybe I should try some of this other stuff.
I totally remember Lambchop. We had a video that my little brother loved and I hated! Last year when I was at my parents' we found it and Sophie started watching it. I thought I was going to die--"This is the song that never ends...Aack!
"The Land of Nod"CDs. We just got them and they are fab!If you would like copies let me know. I have found Dan listening to them on occasion without the boys in the car.
Post a Comment