This week has been crazy busy. Brannon started his surgery rotation and his schedule is as follows: 4:30a.m. - 7ish p.m.every day including weekends! Also, every 4th day he spends 34 HOURS at the hospital on call. Despite his overloaded schedule he's said such things as; "I had a great day!", "I really like the people I work with!", and most importantly, "This is so much better than stinky family med." He's at Harbor View so every time I hear about someone getting stabbed, shot, or ran over by a car, I ask Brannon if he's seen them . . . and he says, "Yes, the doctors had to have blah, blah, blah."
For me this week has been dessert week. I'm on the R.S. Enrichment activity committee for our church (which is a great calling- there are only 4 activities a year!). Anywho, we have an activity this week entitled, "Death by Chocolate". Yummy. So far, I have 4 chocolaty desserts in the fridge and one in the oven. I've also gained 2 pounds, not really.
Belize recently had a playdate with the Medlocks cat. She quite obsessed now and can say, "DaT", its so darm cute! She also got her first pair of shoes, I splurged, thanks to Abuela and got some fancy shmansy See Kai Run shoes. She tried them on the store and promptly planted her feet in one spot (her basketball skills manifesto), she would not budge as if to say, "Mom, if you put these things on me, how do expect me to walk?" After a while she tested them out by lifting each foot one at a time and wiggling them slowly. Finally after 10 minutes she was coaxed to walk, lifting her feet high off the ground. I WISH I had a video camera, it was so comical. She's been in a great mood this week, minus Monday when she had a breakdown over an electrical socket and the living room lamp, which is now in our bedroom.
1 week ago



4 comments:
you better be planning on posting the recipes for these -oh so beautiful and i'm sure delicious- treats.
i didn't realize you made all of those!! i was ooohing and awing over the cupcakes the entire night!!! and i LOVED the chocolate chip cheesecake!!!
I am so glad you blogged your chocolate masterpieces! Your babe is ADORABLE by the way. And now, with your new look, you can claim SOME resemblance!!! ;-)
Okay I agree, you need to post those recipes asap. all your desserts were do die for. You are amazing. I need to take lessons.
Post a Comment