Saturday, October 20, 2007

Our very bad good day

The day started out horribly. Please, on behalf of all mothers with small children, do not call us earlier than 9:30 in the morning. Yes, chances are that we've been up since 7, but if by some small chance your baby sleeps in, the worst thing that can possibly happen is to be awaken from your luxuriously indulgent sleep by the PHONE!! And if by some freak accident, it is an emergency and you HAVE to call, please dial the correct number so you don't wake up an innocent bystanding mother, totally oblivious to your evil plan. Hope that there wasn't really an emergency and everything is fine, Nancy (the woman the caller was really trying to reach).







Brannon was on call today, which means i won't see him till tomorrow afternoon and I had nothing scheduled for Saturday the 20th, nothing at all. I started by calling my friends to see if they were likewise bored, but I only got answering machines. Belize took a nap, I got dressed, the button on my sweater fell off, I chose to continue wearing the sweater. After Belize woke up and ate lunch, I decided we needed to get out of the house or go crazy. Belize needed new shoes, so perhaps we'd make a run to Target . . .














First we went to the local Blockbuster to return Transformers, a day late. If you know where the Blockbusters is by our house, you know that there is no direct route to I-5, so I choose the closest, and headed south on Sandpoint Way.














Well, I should know better by now, but I forgot to check the game schedule and of course, there is a Husky game. And to BOOT!!! The montlake bridge is up! Curse you, montlake bridge! So Belize and I sat for 20 minutes stopped in traffic, 2 MINUTES away from our house.



















We finally get to Target and the parking garage is full. Let me repeat myself, the GARAGE at TARGET is FULL! Is it the day after Thanksgiving? the day before Christmas? a gigantic once in a lifetime sale? Nope, just full. So after sitting in traffic again, and scavenging a parking space, we walk through the Target doors.














The only cart that was left was one with a baby seat, so I spent most of the time, wrangling her to sit down, although near the end, she figured out she could make it bounce. And which line do we pick? The one with a woman writing a check (which has to be cleared by a manger . . . yada, yada, yada). Overall the mission was a success, two new pairs of adorable shoes, but we were glad to be out of there. Then something wonderful happened - A friend called me back (proof A. that i have a friend and B. that she likes me!) and we decided to go the yearly Corn Maze gathering w/ some of Brannon's med school friends, without Brannon. And although Belize's new pair of boots were ruined by mud, I realize that my day wasn't so bad after all.

3 comments:

manders said...

You are hilarious I love reading your blog. First all you can call me anytime chances are that Maddie and I are at home. Oh wait we have no car so we are stuck in our hole at home. Sounds like you had an eventfull day. Hope to see you tomorrow.
luv ya

Erica said...

i'm glad others have days like mine. the other day when i went to target i folded up the stroller and put it in the truck and shut the trunk only to realize that my keys were in the stroller. man, i was ready to bust out in tears. I feel ya. Just be glad those days are few and far between. at lease that's what we hope :)

Suzanne said...

OKay, you must have been really bored. I'm just kiddin. That sounds like me daily. I know what you mean about sleeping. But then again I am up and it's 11:00pm and Hugh will be up in a couple hours to nurse. What is wrong with me.